It’s our belief that if we are not hiring people who are more on the ball, even funnier and with more knowledge than we currently possess, we cannot grow as a company.
You will lead the development of a dynamic educational platform with millions of active users. You will be directly responsible for working with and helping lead a small team of talented developers to deliver the front and back-end code of the platform whilst collaborating with the wider team of UX and UI designers and the product manager.
You will be involved in a variety of other projects here at +rehabstudio, including investigating emerging technologies as part of our R&D programme. A genuine passion for web technologies is a prerequisite for this role!
- Designing and architecting systems which use a WordPress VIP backend
- Creating and managing technical project artefacts, including specifications, statements of work, task backlogs, agile boards, and documentation
- Managing code repositories, including branching and merging of features
- Spearheading test-driven development including the writing of unit test suites for project modules
- Enforcing coding standards, structure and best practices on the project
- Managing, mentoring and delegating to the project development team
- Representing the development team in client meetings and other project communications
- Planning and scoping of project requirements and timings, working with the Producer and other stakeholders
- Managing and liaising with senior/lead backend developers for delivery of the project’s backend components
- Responding to changes in the project deliverables, including scope creep and feature requests, and their impact on the project plan and timings
- Experience in common software development methodologies such as XP, lean and waterfall, with a priority on experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience working on global build projects with multiple market launches
- Willingness to actively contribute to the R&D programme
- Good working knowledge of PHP
- Good working knowledge of WordPress
- High-level working knowledge of common front-end development tools and technologies, including HTML5, CSS3, responsive design/media queries, performance optimisation, progressive enhancement, AMD/CommonJS module systems, touch and mobile-specific techniques, build tools (e.g. Gulp, Webpack), etc
- Extensive experience building React applications.
- Good working knowledge of Git repo administration (Git Flow) including branching, merging and conflict resolution
- Excellent hands-on PHP skills
- Experience of headlessly integrating front-end frameworks with WordPress VIP
- Experience creating & extending WordPress themes
At rehab we’re all about making things better so we offer a wide range of benefits that will ultimately make your life better such as…
- A competitive full-time package
- Strong focus on work/life balance
- Family friendly policies
- Company pension
- Participation in our monthly Hackweek projects
- Work from Wherever Wednesday's
- A whole host of additional schemes like Medicash, Cycle to Work, Childcare Vouchers, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care and Perkbox
- Monday Yoga in the office
- Beer o'clock every Friday as well as Friday talks
MORE ABOUT US
rehab is a creative technology company based in London, Warsaw, New York and soon to opened LA office.
We transform brands by integrating emerging technology with strategy and creative to help them create services that play a more meaningful role in people’s lives. Rehab helps brands inspire rather than interrupt through useful, relevant and utility-led services, meeting brand and business challenges in an innovative and relevant way.