QA Test Engineer
It’s our belief that if we are not hiring people who are more on the ball, even funnier and with more knowledge than we currently possess, we cannot grow as a company.
This is an opportunity for a driven QA Test Engineer to join a talented scrum delivery team. You will have a minimum of 3 years relevant testing experience, and work well within a team and have the initiative to promote and drive processes and efficiencies into the business.
You will be familiar with agile development principles and implementing test plans and test cases that will need to adapt as the applications evolve and the requirements change.We're looking for someone who enjoys being part of a delivery focused team, and is able to identify risks and communicate issues in a clear and concise way.
- Working with the Head of QA, Producers and Developers at all stages to promote and ensure quality throughout the project
- Developing test plans for projects
- Producing test scenarios and test scripts and ensuring they are followed
- Producing and prioritizing bug reports & writing clear steps to reproduce
- Running cross-platform testing (mobile, desktop and other digital experiences)
- Running multi-browser testing
- Working with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Experience, and good understanding, of working within an agile software development environment
- Experience within the full software development life cycle
- Ability to understand business requirements and create acceptance criteria and design test cases.
- Experience of product tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience with cross browser testing
- A working knowledge of test automation and how to apply it
- Experience in testing with a variety of mobile and tablet technologies (iOS, Android, Desktop)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agency environment where products have to be delivered to fixed timescales
- Degree in technology, or relevant related subject, or equivalent occupational experience
As well as
- 3+ years of solid QA / Testing experience.
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other software issues
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Experience with bug tracking and other relevant software: Jira, Github, Browserstack, Google Applications, Litmus
- An understanding of how to make QA better
Attitudes and Initiative
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships
- Clear and strong communication with the Producer, Design and Development teams to ensure you have all the information needed for successful testing
- Focus on the important testing and project priorities as agreed-upon with the test manager.
- Effectively balance curiosity about tests, test results, and bugs with project constraints on budget and schedule.
- Exhibit a demeanor of professional pessimism with regards to issue and bugs
- Show initiative in setting and meeting goals within an environment of managed change.
- Understand the role of testing within the software development lifecycle and business-related project constraints, and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters.
- Enjoy what you do, because we do.
At rehab we’re all about making things better so we offer a wide range of benefits that will ultimately make your life better such as…
- A competitive full-time package
- Strong focus on work/life balance
- Family friendly policies
- Company pension
- Participation in our monthly Hackweek projects
- Work from Wherever Wednesday's
- A whole host of additional schemes like Medicash, Cycle to Work, subsidised Gym Membership, Childcare Vouchers, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care and Perkbox
- Monday Yoga in the office
- Beer o'clock every Friday as well as Friday talks
MORE ABOUT US
rehab is a creative technology company based in London, Warsaw, New York and soon to opened LA office.
We transform brands by integrating emerging technology with strategy and creative to help them create services that play a more meaningful role in people’s lives. Rehab helps brands inspire rather than interrupt through useful, relevant and utility-led services, meeting brand and business challenges in an innovative and relevant way.