QA Test Engineer
It’s our belief that if we are not hiring people who are more on the ball, even funnier and with more knowledge than we currently possess, we cannot grow as a company.
This is an opportunity for a driven QA Test Engineer to join a talented scrum delivery team. You will have a minimum of 3 years relevant testing experience, and work well within a team and have the initiative to promote and drive processes and efficiencies into the business.
You will be familiar with agile development principles and implementing test plans and test cases that will need to adapt as the applications evolve and the requirements change.We're looking for someone who enjoys being part of a delivery focused team, and is able to identify risks and communicate issues in a clear and concise way.
- Working with the Head of QA, Producers and Developers at all stages to promote and ensure quality throughout the project
- Developing test plans for projects
- Producing test scenarios and test scripts and ensuring they are followed
- Producing and prioritizing bug reports & writing clear steps to reproduce
- Running cross-platform testing (mobile, desktop and other digital experiences)
- Running multi-browser testing
- Working with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Experience, and good understanding, of working within an agile software development environment
- Experience within the full software development life cycle
- Ability to understand business requirements and create acceptance criteria and design test cases.
- Experience of product tracking tools (e.g. Jira)
- Experience with cross browser testing
- A working knowledge of test automation and how to apply it
- Experience in testing with a variety of mobile and tablet technologies (iOS, Android, Desktop)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agency environment where products have to be delivered to fixed timescales
- Degree in technology, or relevant related subject, or equivalent occupational experience
As well as
- 3+ years of solid QA / Testing experience.
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other software issues
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Experience with bug tracking and other relevant software: Jira, Github, Browserstack, Google Applications, Litmus
- An understanding of how to make QA better
Attitudes and Initiative
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships
- Clear and strong communication with the Producer, Design and Development teams to ensure you have all the information needed for successful testing
- Focus on the important testing and project priorities as agreed-upon with the test manager.
- Effectively balance curiosity about tests, test results, and bugs with project constraints on budget and schedule.
- Exhibit a demeanor of professional pessimism with regards to issue and bugs
- Show initiative in setting and meeting goals within an environment of managed change.
- Understand the role of testing within the software development lifecycle and business-related project constraints, and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters.
- Enjoy what you do, because we do.
At +rehabstudio we’re all about making things better so we offer a wide range of benefits that will ultimately make your life better such as…
- A competitive full-time package
- Strong focus on work/life balance
- Family friendly policies
- Company pension
- Participation in our monthly +Hackweek projects
- A whole host of additional schemes like Medicash, Cycle to Work, subsidised Gym Membership, Childcare Vouchers, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care and Perkbox which offers a generous range of free benefits like Tastecard, phone insurance, breakdown cover, unlimited reduced cinema tickets, exclusive pricing on Apple products, loads of well-being offers (bikes, massages, insurance, spas, beauty) + much much more
- A well stocked kitchen
- Beer o'clock every Friday
- As well as an exciting, upbeat and relaxed office full of the brightest, funkiest talent around
MORE ABOUT US
+rehabstudio is a creative technology company with offices in London, New York and San Francisco. Our services include strategy, digital campaigns, design and build, production, product design and everything in between.
The world has changed but the creative process hasn't, so we’ve hacked advertising to make it better; combining our deep knowledge of emerging technology and culture with rapid prototyping and consumer insights. For over ten years we’ve been activating brand stories and creating incredible customer experiences that live on the internet, mobile and the physical world.
At the core of +rehabstudio lies the concept of ‘making it better’ - improving things for ourselves, our clients and the world. Click here to see how we have made it better for clients including Google, Disney, Starbucks and Red Bull.