Junior QA Test Engineer
It’s our belief that if we are not hiring people who are more on the ball, even funnier and with more knowledge than we currently possess, we cannot grow as a company.
We are looking for a Junior QA Test Engineer to join our QA team who will gain the opportunity to work on projects ranging from creating chatbots to big platform builds for global tech companies; and if you’re still reading this then maybe that person is you. If you’re someone with 2+ years relevant testing experience, works well within a fast paced collaborative team and wants to be part of a vibrant and forward thinking agency, then please get in touch.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those who are familiar with agile development principles, implementing test plans/test cases, have an understanding of test automation, plays well with others, are able to identify risks and communicate issues in a concise way, and enjoy finding out how things work.
- Working alongside Senior QA, Producers and Developers at all stages to promote and ensure quality throughout the project (talk with other human beings to make sure things work)
- Producing test scenarios and test scripts and ensuring they are followed (writing down how we are going to test stuff, and then testing stuff)
- Producing and prioritizing bug reports & writing clear steps to reproduce (telling everyone about what went wrong and how you made it happen)
- Running cross-platform testing on mobile, desktop and other digital experiences (test on everything)
- Running multi-browser testing
- Working with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis (help other smart people out by letting them know what’s going on)
- Experience or understanding of working within an agile software development environment (experience of working with people who actually want to talk to you and hear what you have to say)
- Ability to understand business requirements and create acceptance criteria and design test cases (understand not only what we do but why we do it)
- Experience of software development tools (Jira)
- Experience with cross browser testing
- Experience in testing with a variety of mobile technologies e.g. iOS, Android, Desktop
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agency environment where products have to be delivered to fixed timescales
- Knowledge of test automation concepts
ATTITUDES AND INITIATIVES
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships (make friends, if you wish, and be nice)
- Focus on the important testing and project priorities as agreed-upon with the team (no going rogue)
- Effectively balance curiosity about tests, test results, and bugs with project constraints on budget and schedule (get things done in the time that you have)
- Exhibit a demeanor of professional pessimism with regards to issue and bugs (because issue free software is a myth)
- Understand the role of testing within the software development lifecycle and business-related project constraints, and effectively advocate for the best possible customer experience of product quality within those parameters
- A degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years QA / Testing experience.
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report on defects and other software issues
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Experience with bug tracking and other relevant software: Jira, Github, Browserstack, Google Applications
- Exposure to automated testing tools. I.e. Selenium, Ruby, Cucumber.
- A genuine understanding of how to make QA better
- An opinion
At rehab we’re all about making things better so we offer a wide range of benefits that will ultimately make your life better such as…
- A competitive full-time package
- Strong focus on work/life balance
- Family friendly policies
- Company pension
- Participation in our monthly Hackweek projects
- A whole host of additional schemes like Cycle to Work, subsidised Gym Membership, Childcare Vouchers, Season Ticket Loan, Eye Care and Perkbox which offers a generous range of free benefits like Tastecard, phone insurance, breakdown cover, unlimited reduced cinema tickets, exclusive pricing on Apple products, loads of well-being offers (bikes, massages, insurance, spas, beauty) + much much more
- A well stocked kitchen
- Beer o'clock every Friday
- As well as an exciting, upbeat and relaxed office full of the brightest, funkiest talent around
MORE ABOUT US
Rehab is a creative technology company with offices in London, New York, Belfast and San Francisco. Our services include strategy, digital campaigns, design and build, production, product design and everything in between.
The world has changed but the creative process hasn't, so we’ve hacked advertising to make it better; combining our deep knowledge of emerging technology and culture with rapid prototyping and consumer insights. For over ten years we’ve been activating brand stories and creating incredible customer experiences that live on the internet, mobile and the physical world.At the core of rehab lies the concept of ‘making it better’ - improving things for ourselves, our clients and the world. Click here to see how we have made it better for clients including Google, Disney, Starbucks and Red Bull.